Smoked Cheddar Chicken Burger
- 1 1/3 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup California Black Ripe Olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 red onions, thickly sliced
- 4 whole grain buns, sliced in half and lightly grilled
- Mixed baby greens, for garnish
- Mix chicken with 1/2 cup California Ripe Olives, breadcrumbs, BBQ sauce and green onions until evenly combined.
- Form into 4 (1/3 pound) patties and grill over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes.
- Flip burgers and cook for 4 more minutes, then sprinkle with remaining California Ripe Olives and place slices of cheese on top of each.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and burgers are cooked to desired doneness.
- While burgers are cooking, grill onion slices for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Place one red onion slice on the bottom half of each bun. Top with burgers. Garnish with baby greens if desired and cover with bun.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with additional BBQ sauce.