- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (6-oz.) large California Ripe Olives, well drained
- Toasted sesame seeds and chopped chives
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in ginger, miso, rice vinegar, honey and red pepper; cook for 5 minutes more. Stir in olives and cook for a few minutes or until olives are warm and nicely glazed.
Transfer to a decorative bowl and garnish with sesame seeds and chives. Serve with toothpicks.