Cook Time : 30 min 6 servings
- A loaf of crusty bread
- 1 can whole large California Black Ripe Olives
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 basket Grape tomatoes
- Sea salt + cracked pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut the loaf of bread into 2 inch thick pieces, and place them on a sheet tray. Lightly coat the pieces with olive oil or cooking spray on both sides. This will ensure that they don’t stick to the pan.
- Next come the toppings. Cut the olives and grape tomatoes in half, and set them aside in a large bowl. Cut the cucumbers into similar sized pieces as the olive and tomato halves. Add them to the bowl. The key to good bruschetta is making sure all the toppings are the same size.
- Season the toppings with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, and store them in the refrigerator until prepared to serve the bruschetta. This will help to marry the flavors.
- Once the oven has come to temperature, toast the bread for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven, and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the toppings from the refrigerator. Gently fold the crumbled feta cheese into the mixture, and spoon about 2 tbs. onto each piece of toasted bread. Don’t overload the bread with toppings–less is more. To serve, drizzle each piece of bruschetta with balsamic vinegar.