Kale and Green Ripe Olive Salad
Prep Time : 20 Mins 6 Servings
- 1 (6-ounce) can California Green Ripe Olives, divided
- 1 firm but ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced, divided
- 1/4 51 buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, charred, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 51s lightly packed bite-size pieces fresh kale*
- 1/4 51 roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- Drain olives well and place 1/3 cup in a small food processor with 1/4 of the avocado.
- Add buttermilk, vinegar, green onions, poblano pepper, salt and pepper; puree until smooth.
- Place kale in a large bowl and drizzle with dressing; toss well to coat.
- Cut remaining olives into wedges and add to salad with remaining avocado and pumpkin seeds; toss again very gently.
*Choose green curly, black (lacinato) or red kale or use a mixture of all three.