Black Olive and Sun-Dried Tomato Focaccia
- 1 pound package of pizza or bread dough, thawed.
- 1 cup California ripe black pitted olives
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (in olive oil, with herbs)
- 3 tablespoons of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Olive oil with balsamic oil for dipping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Generously spray or oil an 8 x 10 baking pan
- Mince the black olives, drained sun dried tomatoes, and rosemary, and mix together in a small bowl.
- Roll the pizza or bread dough out into a rectangle, about 6″ wide x 16-18″ long.
- Spread about 2/3 of the olive, tomato, herb mixture over one half of the dough.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the olive, tomato mixture.
- Fold the plain half of the dough over the half with the filling, and lightly pinch closed.
- Place the dough in the oiled pan, and let rise for about an hour, until it fills the pan.
- When the dough has risen and is puffed, make indentations throughout the top with your fingers.
- Lightly brush 3 tablespoons of the oil from the sundries tomatoes over the dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining olive and tomato mixture over the top of the dough.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until the bread is golden and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Let cool, and cut into squares.
- If desired, serve with olive oil with a bit of balsamic vinegar for dipping.